Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Bannoffee Twist!

So, the other day, a colleague gave me the recipe for ‘Banoffee’ and I bought all the ingredients necessary with the intention of making it for dessert at lunch. But as luck would have it, the day I ran a little late with the food preparation, my husband came home early. And while I opted not to dismiss the idea, I threw together a rendition of the original recipe that I think I actually like better in the long run. At least, I appreciate the added ‘eyecandy’ aspect to this sweet treat! Also how quickly this can be thrown together for panic situations.

As with most recipes like this, proportion can be changed according to personal preferences.

What you need:

Glass goblets; equal to the number of servings you would like to make.
Roughly chopped/crushed Biscuits; I prefer crunchy chocolate ones.
Roughly chopped almonds.
Can of sweetened condensed milk; left to boil in a large pot for about an hour to caramelize the contents. It will be thicker and wonderful gold colour as a result.
Bananas; sliced.
Whipped cream.
Finely chopped or grated chocolate.
Chocolate sauce.

All you need to do is layer all ingredients, in any order and quantity that you find appealing. I layered from top to bottom: Biscuits, almonds, condensed milk, bananas, condensed milk, bananas, whipped cream, grated chocolate and chocolate sauce.

Now Dig in Deep and savor the flavor.

Be warned through, this forms quite a heavy serving, and unless you and your guests have an extremely sweet tooth, try not to over do the serving size.

Happy spoon licking!

No comments: